Shipping your order
All hats are posted using Australia Post (Insurance included).
Orders placed by 2pm AEST can be posted that same day, otherwise orders are dispatched the next working day. Any orders received over the Weekend will be dispatched on Mondays.
- If a hat you have ordered is temporarily out of stock we will notify you by email advising the due date.
- Any relevant tracking information will be forwarded to you via email upon dispatch of goods.
- Hats are posted in specially designed hat boxes that have internal supports preventing the hat being damaged - even if the box doesn't look too good on arrival - the hats usually survive unscathed!
- Unfortunately any payment due to Customs Duties or Import tax is the responsibility of the purchaser and is beyond our control.
- You can use the shipping calculator located in the Hat Box (shopping cart) to calculate your postage & handling costs.
Australian Domestic Regular Post: Allow 5* days metro & Allow 6* days regional
Australian Domestic Express Post: 2-4* days
International Air Mail: Allow 20* days ***Pack & Track used where available.
International EMS Courier: Allow 6* days
*Days quoted are regular working days. Allowances for public holidays in Australia and the destination country should also be considered.
PLEASE BE PATIENT - We know you're just itching to sport your new hat. The days quoted above should be your expectation. If your hat turns up earlier, then lucky you!
We will start investigating undelivered parcels after the days quoted above upon request.
Working out your size - getting it right the first time.
- Do not use size charts or advice from other sites.
- Do not simply convert US or UK size standards on our charts to a metric size. We provide the charts as guide, not as a rule.
- Measure your head, different manufacturers have differing interpretations of size as happens across other clothing lines.
- Measuring your head takes a few minutes and the guesswork out of the equation. Please use a dress makers tape measure and not a peice of string...
- Size charts and advice are designed for Felt Hats (Akubra and Fedora) and Leather Hats (Barmah)
- Adjustment foam strips and detailed care instructions sent with each hat. Enough strips are sent to reduce a hat by one size.
- We happily exchange to anywhere in the world, but getting it right the first time is easier for all of us.
- Ask us for advice, the advice we provide is based on many years experience in mail order and selling hats. We are happy to answer as many questions as you need to ask.
Fedora, Akubra and Felt Hats
The size chart below is a guide to equivalent sizes in other measures. If you are unsure of your head size, please remeasure your head in inches or cms.
- We recommend re-measuring your head size in inches or cms and converting from the new measurement.
- Place a tape measure above the ears, and take it around the widest part of your head. The tape should be firm but not too tight. If in between sizes, go up or down to the closest size, ie 56.2 should be 56, 57.7 should be a 58 etc.
- We supply FREE foam adjustment tape or pads to adjust the hat to a perfect fit.
- We supply enough tape to convert a hat a full size down, ie a size 58 becomes a size 57.
Barmah Canvas & Leather Hats
Barmah Hats are designed to be very easy to fit. The leather has a natural stretch and the elastic sweatband gives as well adding up to a very comfortable hat.
Place a tape measure above the ears, and take it around the widest part of your head. Do not pull the tape tight. Selct a hat closest to the measurement you have taken.
|53 - 54
||21 1/4 - 3/4
|55 - 56
||21 3/4 - 22 1/8
|57 - 58
||22 7/8 - 23 1/4
|59 - 60
||23 3/4 - 24 1/4
|61 - 62.5
||24 1/2 - 24 7/8
In the event of a hat not fitting we accept returns. If you still need assistance or want to double check the result please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to advise further.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE STARTS NOW!
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS GREAT OFFER - ENDS NOVEMBER 30th.
(MIN ORDER $150.00 AUD)