Working out your size - getting it right the first time.
- Do not use size charts or advice from other sites.
- Do not simply convert US or UK size standards on our charts to a metric size. We provide the charts as guide, not as a rule.
- Measure your head, different manufacturers have differing interpretations of size as happens across other clothing lines.
- Measuring your head takes a few minutes and the guesswork out of the equation. Please use a dress makers tape measure and not a peice of string...
- Size charts and advice are designed for Felt Hats (Akubra and Fedora) and Leather Hats (Barmah)
- Adjustment foam strips and detailed care instructions sent with each hat. Enough strips are sent to reduce a hat by one size.
- We happily exchange to anywhere in the world, but getting it right the first time is easier for all of us.
- Ask us for advice, the advice we provide is based on many years experience in mail order and selling hats. We are happy to answer as many questions as you need to ask.
Fedora, Akubra and Felt Hats
The size chart below is a guide to equivalent sizes in other measures. If you are unsure of your head size, please remeasure your head in inches or cms.
- We recommend re-measuring your head size in inches or cms and converting from the new measurement.
- Place a tape measure above the ears, and take it around the widest part of your head. The tape should be firm but not too tight. If in between sizes, go up or down to the closest size, ie 56.2 should be 56, 57.7 should be a 58 etc.
- We supply FREE foam adjustment tape or pads to adjust the hat to a perfect fit.
- We supply enough tape to convert a hat a full size down, ie a size 58 becomes a size 57.
|53||21||6 1/2||x-small||6 5/8|
|54||21 1/4||6 5/8||small||6 3/4|
|55||21 3/4||6 3/4||small||6 7/8|
|56||22 1/8||6 7/8||medium||7|
|57||22 1/2||7||medium||7 1/8|
|58||22 7/8||7 1/8||med large||7 1/4|
|59||23 1/4||7 1/4||large||7 3/8|
|60||23 3/4||7 3/8||large||7 1/2|
|61||24 1/4||7 1/2||x-large||7 5/8|
|62||24 1/2||7 5/8||x-large||7 3/4|
|63||24 7/8||7 3/4||xx-large||7 7/8|
Barmah Canvas & Leather Hats
Barmah Hats are designed to be very easy to fit. The leather has a natural stretch and the elastic sweatband gives as well adding up to a very comfortable hat.
Place a tape measure above the ears, and take it around the widest part of your head. Do not pull the tape tight. Selct a hat closest to the measurement you have taken.
|53 - 54||21 1/4 - 3/4||small|
|55 - 56||21 3/4 - 22 1/8||medium|
|57 - 58||22 7/8 - 23 1/4||large|
|59 - 60||23 3/4 - 24 1/4||x-large|
|61 - 62.5||24 1/2 - 24 7/8||xx-large|
In the event of a hat not fitting we accept returns. If you still need assistance or want to double check the result please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to advise further.